Monday, May 25, 2009

Sites and Sounds Along the Camino


Hola from the Camino

The past few days have been wild - weather wise. The mornings bring thunder and lightening storms. Wind one day, followed by a beautiful rainbow that arched completely across the sky. The birds started to sing once the tempest had past.

What I see and hear:


  • Purple heather on the hill tops dripping in new rain

  • Red poppies waving in the breaze

  • Flowers growing in the cracks of rocks

  • Sun rise across the eastern sky - I turn and greet a new day as I head west

  • Birds sing and welcome the new day

  • Storks building nests on the church tops and factory chimney stacks

  • A sea of new pale green grain flowing like the ocean as the winds wash down the hillsides

  • "Buen Camino" as a pilgrims pass one another

  • Orange mud and brown mud squishing beneath my feet

  • The drum of my walking sticks along the road way

  • " Oh how beautiful!" as I see the vista open before me as I reach the top of a hill

  • Church steeples announcing my arrival in a new village

  • Church bells toll the hours and call the faithful to mass

My heart is full of many sounds and images as I walk. It will take a long time to savor and deeply experience this journey. The Camino moves in my heart as my feet move along. Only in company with God and Mary does this journey make any sense. I am growing freer to let the journey unfold in me!


Time is running out on my euro! More soon!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Ona,

    I am enjoying your blog and living into the details of your journey. Thank You so much for opening your heart in visitation along your journey. I've been praying the visitation prayer with you... Blessings!
    Maco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ona,

    I am moved as I share the grace and beauty of your pilgrimage. Your words bring the spirit to life!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete