
Many guide books break the Camino Frances into thirty-three "stages" so that each day a pilgrim may travel along the way and find a place for lodging for the evening (at interval of 10 - 20 km). Along the camino there are a variety of accomodations in hostels and inns. Pilgrim hostels are generally known as albergues or refugios. Most refugios open at 16:00 (4PM) and generally close their doors and turn out the lights by 22:00 (10PM). Most hostels turn pilgrims out by 8:30 AM and close for cleaning. It is not uncommon for pilgrims to leave before dawn to begin the day's journey. Thank God that I love the early hours of the pre-dawn ... I hope to be one of the early birds greeting to sun rise as I walk west - to turn my heart and body to face the east to greet the blessings of a new day of grace. Time will tell!
I have listed below the "Stages of the Camino Frances" by the destination town. We shall see how my journey will progress.
Stages of the Camino Frances - Beginning at St. Jean Pied-de-Port
Roncesvalles
Larrasoaña
Pamplona / Cizur Menor
Puente la Reina
Estella
Los Arcos
Logroño
Nájera
Santo Domingo
Belorado
St. Juan Ortega
Burgos
Hornillos
Castrojeriz
Frómista
Carrion ‘Condes
Terradillos
Hermanillos
Mansilla
León
Puente la Reina
Estella
Los Arcos
Logroño
Nájera
Santo Domingo
Belorado
St. Juan Ortega
Burgos
Hornillos
Castrojeriz
Frómista
Carrion ‘Condes
Terradillos
Hermanillos
Mansilla
León
Mazarife
Astorga
Rabanal
Molinaseca
Villafranca Bierzo
O’Cerbreiro
Triacastela
Sarria
Portomarín
Palas do Rei
Ribadiso
Arca
Santiago
Astorga
Rabanal
Molinaseca
Villafranca Bierzo
O’Cerbreiro
Triacastela
Sarria
Portomarín
Palas do Rei
Ribadiso
Arca
Santiago
...those early dawn hours are certainly yours!
ReplyDeleteBlessings on your Journey Ona! I'll be praying the prayer for you and others.... May Marguerite accompany you with Mary.... Love, Maco
ReplyDelete